Sign in to follow this  
Guest FelixFFDS

GMAX books...

Which is a better book - GMAX Bible or GMAX handbook? I'm sure that someone out there must have both these books. At least, I'm hoping that several people have opinions about either book. I know that there are plenty of free tutorials out there for learning GMAX, but I want to know what your overall impresion of the book was. Was it helpful? Did you learn anything new? Was it a waste of time?- Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the "Bible" it is useful as long as you're not expecting a tutorial on actually making an airplane.. It must be looked on as a reference, with the tutorials as a way of getting hands-on quickly with the particular topic.While truthfully I haven't dedicated enough time to really learning gmax, the bible has already answered a few questions I had - and that just from browsing along.If you already have a 3DSMax Bible or other good 3DSMax book, it probably isn't worth it getting this one. Some chapters are basically rewrites (inlcuding some minor references to primitives that are in 3DSMax, but not in gmax.The book does not replace the tedious work of going through the gmax tutorials.