Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewW

Fuel selector...

[fontsize=-2]Is it not possible to only select the main left and right tanks without selecting the Aux tanks at the same time? Is there any way that the Aux tanks could keep their current fuel level until otherwise selected via a C gauge working with variables from FSUIPC? I'm not very impressed (after just finding out :-roll) that selecting the 'Left' position burns fuel for the A tanks at the same time ! :-madIf anyone has any ideas how one could work around this I would really appreciate it. Andrew[/font]

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Replace the mains with external tanks one and two. This will enable proper crossfeeding as well. The tank naming won't look good, but at least it will work better. In my aircraft crossfeeding is a cruicial part of flight management as there is only a left aux tank available after air conditioning unit is installed in the right nacelle.

Thanks Karl, Were you referring to the Center tanks as the external tanks? Any ideas if something similar can be achieved if these two center tanks are already in use? Many thanks. Andrew

One Idea, based on the theory Karl has mentioned: If I were to replace the wing tanks with Aux, and the A tanks with Left and Right - might this work? This way I can primarily feed out of the Aux(wing) tanks and then when I wish to feed out of the A tanks I can select Left/Right feed. Surly If I keep the definitions the same, it is only the name (and the gauge tags) that change? Any thoughts? Andrew