Sign in to follow this  

Gauges dont change color in VC HELP PLEASE

Hy I have the PSS Airbus A320 and the gauges just dont chage color when you change headings and you get diffrent shades from the sun, the whole panel turns a brither color with the sun behind but the gauges just stay a really dark grey making it look awfull, anyway of fixing this THANKS FOR THE HELP

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hy I have the PSS Airbus A320 and the gauges just dont chage>color when you change headings and you get diffrent shades>from the sun, the whole panel turns a brither color with the>sun behind but the gauges just stay a really dark grey making>it look awfull, anyway of fixing this THANKS FOR THE HELPThat is is "shadowing effect" that MS has grossly overdone (IMHO) in FS2x.If you define some fx lighting to be used only during the daytime, you can brighten up the panel to minimize the shadowing:The following section from the Beech 400A will illustrate the point. Note that the fx files specified are pure "white light"[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logolight.0=3, -5.97, -21.00, -0.56, fx_navredlight.1=3, -5.97, 21.00, -0.56, fx_navgrelight.2=7, -20.10, 0.00, 8.10, fx_navwhi.fxlight.3=1, -24.41, 0.00, 9.92, fx_beaconlight.4=9, 9.50, 0.30, 1.50, esbj400_panelflood.fxlight.5=9, 9.50, -0.30, 1.50, esbj400_panelflood.fxlight.6=2, -5.97, -21.00, -0.56, fx_strobelight.7=2, -5.97, 21.00, -0.56, fx_strobelight.8=8, 9.0, -17.8, 8.60, esbj400_icelight //rightwing icelightlight.9=8, 9.0, 17.8, 8.60, esbj400_icelight //leftwing icelightlight.10=8, 2.25, -3.12, 0.1, fx_navwhi.fx //rightwing icelight point sourcelight.11=8, 2.25, 3.12, 0.1, fx_navwhi.fx //leftwing icelight point sourcelight.4 and light.5 are using the esbj400_panelflood.fx file. I used two of 'em and offset them left and right to spread the "light" more evenly across the entire panel. They are tied to #9, which is the "LOGO" lights switch (otherwise unused), and controlled by an "autoswitch" that will turn 'em on at sunrise and turn 'em off at sunset. (Thanks to Arne Bartels, Jan and a couple of others!). :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

IS THERE ANYWAY I COULD TURN OFF THE SHADOWING EFECT IN FS2002??? BECAUSE FROM WHAT I READ ABOVE THAT REALLY DOESNT MEAN NOTHING TO ME I AM COMLETLY LOST? THANKS FOR THE HELP

>IS THERE ANYWAY I COULD TURN OFF THE SHADOWING EFECT IN>FS2002??? BECAUSE FROM WHAT I READ ABOVE THAT REALLY DOESNT>MEAN NOTHING TO ME I AM COMLETLY LOST? THANKS FOR THE HELPNo, there isn't. If there were, I wouldn't have needed to add "daytime flood lights" to the panel... :(BTW, please don't SHOUT... I can 'hear' you just find... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg