Sign in to follow this  

Unrealistic Engine Gauges

Is it possible for someone to please develop a simple application for FS2002 that makes engine gauges more true to life. Currently engine temps and pressures, rpms etc. between engines all change at the exact same rate and always always have the exact same value. Although in general, engine the difference between the say no.1 and no.2 engines is slight but is present.Could someone make it so that the engines differ by a couple rpm or a couple of degrees? I think the look of the engines would be far more realistic if this could be implemented.Regards,Steve

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Steve.Hmmm, even though our Cirrus is single-engined, I think you will be surprised...

Hi,I am working on something like this for my 737ng panel. My first idea is to try and "intercept" the joystick position and then alter the actual throttle position based on bleed loads, etc etc. Since the airconditioning system can be modeled by a few differential equations, you won't get the exact same load very often when you put in the same time which means I have different bleed penalties for each engine which means I have the slight differential in thrust and n2 values you are referring to. BUt that still gives us the same rate of change but with different values. Now as to a difference in the rate of change of stuff, well that is a little more complicated.However it is POSSSIBLE! If you fool around with the bleed valve switches at the right time while doing an engine start in PIC, you will see that PIC can control the the N2 values explicitly. Im guessing they did something with FSUIPC. But the point is if you can control these values explicity, you can also control their rate of change. I don't know how to do that with FSUIPC and I don't think it is possible with Netpipes but maybe one of the other developers does. Good luck,JonFly the Heads up Guidance system:www.alliedfsgroup.com

In our C421B twin prop all dual gauges has different needle "delays" to make things just that little extra. Additionally there are some gauge code that reads just slightly differently i.e. if prop sync is turned off. To finish it all off, there is a shock cooling detection system and failure accumulator that is reflected in the engine gauges; better watch those engine temperatures indicating a possible (but not always) problem, and if oil pressures are dropping you might be better off shutting down the engine yourself than having it done for you on final. Autospoiler (slip angle controlled) to simulate keel drag during an engine out yaw on high power helps make it more realistically hard to fly and reconfigure.So... Yes, it can be done. The obvious cost if fps naturally.