Sign in to follow this  

Multiple models in one FS aircraft

How do I setup my aircraft.cfg so that I can allow a user to select various paint schemes for one airplane but in addition to selecting different textures, also selecting a different 3D model (MDL file)?Thanks!

Guest odog

the SDKs do a good job of showing whats what. what was it called.. aircraft container sdk?its just a matter of setting the folders up and pointing the aircraft.cfg to them.what I did when i first started playing with that was look at the cfg from a plane that has multiple livs and models.but dont get caught, cuz thats stealing :-) only kiddingjoe

Ok I checked the SDK and it makes examples of using different panels, but I can't get it to work with models.in the primary aircraft.cfg, i tried setting MODEL=IFRwhere the 2ndary MDL (model file) is in the directory MODEL.IFRHowever, it just gives me the error where it says that it can't load the visual model.Any ideas?

Guest odog

here's the cfg from my nomadas you can see it refs 3 different models. each must have its own folder, and names must be unique.the sim= line is the main folder it looks for[fltsim.1]title=GAF N22 Nomad Paint 3sim=n22_nomadmodel=panel=sound=texture=bfukb_checklists=kb_reference=ui_manufacturer=GAFui_type=Nomad Cargomasterui_variation=Bush Flying Unlimiteddescription=N22 BFU cargo on wheelsatc_heavy=0atc_id=nomaatc_airline=atc_flight_number=1123Example Floatmaster[fltsim.2]title=GAF N22 Nomad Floatmaster paint 3sim=n22_nomad_floatmodel=panel=sound=texture=bfukb_checklists=kb_reference=ui_manufacturer=GAFui_type=Nomad Floatmaster Cargoui_variation=Bush Flying Unlimiteddescription=N22 BFU Cargomaster on floatsatc_heavy=0atc_id=nomaatc_airline=atc_flight_number=1123Example Passenger[fltsim.3]title=GAF N22 Nomad PAX paint 3sim=n22_nomad_paxmodel=panel=sound=texture=bfukb_checklists=kb_reference=ui_manufacturer=GAFui_type=Nomad Passengerui_variation=Bush Flying Unlimiteddescription=N22 BFU Passenger model atc_heavy=0atc_id=nomaatc_airline=atc_flight_number=1123good luck

>How do I setup my aircraft.cfg so that I can allow a user to>select various paint schemes for one airplane but in addition>to selecting different textures, also selecting a different 3D>model (MDL file)?Here is an example of how I redirect to a different model AND a different panel.FS2k2 will parse this entry and look for (a) the Beechjet400A .air file , (:( the model.cfg contained in the model.dynamicshine folder , and the panel.cfg file contained in the panel.novcgauges folder .What likely happened is that you forgot to change the model.cfg file to point to the correct .mdl file! :)[fltsim.2]title=Raytheon Beechjet 400A Dynamicsim=Beechjet400Amodel=dynamicshinepanel=novcgaugessound=texture=The model.cfg in the model.dynamicshine folder is like this:[models]normal=bj_dynamicBillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg