Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peyroteo

Wheel Drag

Is there a value in the .air file for changing wheel drag? I'm trying to make a tailskid aircraft behave better so that when the skid is on the ground it gives far more drag than a tailwheel..boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey, Please, if possible, let me know if you figure this out. I have a turbo prop that produces too much thrust at idle and have toyed with the thought of wheel drag also.However, if you enter the center gear as your tail skid and have a 'brake' assigned to it, which I believe would be refrenced in the air.file, you could perhaps find a way thus to finding the ground handling you are seeking.Kind Regards,Bill

I know very little about fde's, so I am just going to make a suggestion here. Try setting the diameter of your skid ( which I assume is center gear ) to a very small value. Due to it's smaller diameter, it could be possible that it will create a bit of drag due to it not being able to rotate fast enough.It's just a thought.Udo.:-wave

It's feasible to do this but only if the brakes are left permanently on. The aircraft has no brakes in real life so this could be done - only problem being that the annoying BRAKES warning would be permanently on screen.The wheel drag variable was available in earlier versions of FS but I can no longer find it - hence the question.boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Hi>Please, if possible, let me know if you figure this out. I>have a turbo prop that produces too much thrust at idle and>have toyed with the thought of wheel drag also.You can reduce the thrust at idle in record 1506 whith any airfile editor (AAM, AirEd).Best regardsPeyroteo