Sign in to follow this  
Guest Firestriker

Converting file formats

I'm going to model a plane in Rhino, but want to import it into gmax for animating and converting to FS2k2. How do I go about doing this? (I have 3dsmax 4 if that helps)Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I'm going to model a plane in Rhino, but want to import it>into gmax for animating and converting to FS2k2. How do I go>about doing this? (I have 3dsmax 4 if that helps)Speaking from experience with Rhino-converted-to-GMax, you may not want to do this...When the F.A.R.T.S. team was designing the Socata TB20GT, many of the parts for the a/c model began life in Rhino. BobS did the basic modeling in Rhino and supplied me with .3ds output. The imported files were very, very poly heavy, with tons of co-located vertices that needed reworking.IMHO, your time would be better spent leaning "patch modeling" and "lofting" in GMax directly... :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Just export from Rhino to 3ds or dxf format. Then you can import straight into gWax.