Sign in to follow this  

Using FS98 aircraft in FS2002

Not sure that this is the right forum for this question, but here it is:I want to use an aircraft (or, more importantly, just the textures), a Ford Trimotor designed for FS98. Part of a download called "TAT Route in a vintage Ford TriMotor" (tat.zip) here at Avsim. Can I use the textures, do they need any re-working? Thanks in advance for any help.Scott Smith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My comment would be that you cannot use one model's texture on another model, since in all probability, the "newer" model has been built and textures assigned in a completely different manner.FS98 textures are specific-palette-based 256color "raw" format texures. FS2002 are bitmaps that are not limited to a specific color palette, so you can have "brighter" colors, different effects, etc.You could probably repaint a newer model in the "older" colors, using the older FS98 model/textures as "references" Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to try to learn how to repaint. By the way, I posted this in the Main FS Forum the other day but I'll try here as well. Has anybody seen a repaint of the Ford Trimotor in Island Airlines (Port Clinton, Ohio) livery? Thanks for any replies.Scott Smith