Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

fs 2000+ gauge incompatibility between win 98 and win xp

i have built and have been flying an aircraft for about a year in fs2002/02 and with an amd 1.1 ghz system with win 98...when i tried to move up to win xp i am now getting a really unusal failure mode. after 10-11 mins of flying time the system hangs up. the gauges were initially compiled with a borland c++ (ver 5.X ??) compiler using the updates as provided by bartles and griffiths without any errors. as this failure mode has happened consistantly on a number of independent systems with similar capabilities and using just a single guage(with out the gauge, i.e panels only, it flies great) i can only assume that it is my code that is problematic......any thoughts

Guest bartels

You are meaning this mod to the makefile:#init_module=c0d32x.obj#Modification after Robert K. Guy on flightsim.com's Panel Design Forum.#The use of "c0d32.obj" instead of "c0d32x.obj" might cure the lockup problems on Windows XP, untested.#At least it doesn't do any harm using it for Win98.init_module=c0d32.obj? Unfortunately I can't test it, I don't have XP. Have you tried GCC instead?Arne Bartels

dear arne, while we've never met i certainly know of you through the awesome impact you have had on the world of simulated aviation and once again you have demonstrated to me what an amazing grasp you have on this whole subject... thanks for the recommendation it worked perfectly...i would love to send you something in return, but since thats probably not practical i will instead make sure that you and dai griffith get the credit that you deserve on any thing that i put out......thanks again....as they say "you are a scholar and a gentleman"greg h.p.s. just to answer your question i tried to work with a gcc compiler early on but found that, for some odd reason, borland was more intuitive to initially set up and manage ...don't really know why.....

Guest bartels

Thanks for the kind words. I got the info on flightsim.com's panel forum or here, I can't recall exactly from whom. As I said, I haven't tried it actually. I'm not 100% sure but the modified makefile is in the last sd2gauxx.zip file under "Gnu and Borland C++ Header files".Just for the info, GCC uses also the same .lib format as VC++, so you can use .libs for VC++ together with GCC, at least better then with BCC which uses a different file format for .o and .libs.Arne Bartels