Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Gmax Animation Error ...

Guest Fly1

I am having a very frustrating problem when making changes to the model in GMAX and then exporting to FS.It appears Gmax starts looking at the animated parts when exporting and will stop and list the error message below.Running modelStart! (E:FS2002aircraftA1modellancair.x)Loading X E:FS2002aircraftA1modellancair.x...Processing...ERROR: found scale matrix without scale animation (frm-c_gear_03) det=0.999996 -1.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 -0.113 0.994 0.000 0.994 0.113Error!Error!Funny thing is, previously there was no problem with this part or any other during export. But upon changing or adding another part to the project and grouping the entire model (as exterior), when exported the error occurs.This particular part, c_gear_03 is a strut for the landing gear. There are three of the these, one for each landing gear, center left and right, all made from the same part originally. Upon creation, and application of animation details there were no problems for months. I noticed when the model began getting fairly large, around 29K, this started happening.Initially when the problem started, I made a separate file of the center strut part from a previous save of the model which had no problems. When the error occured I would delete the offending part and merge the good copy, make the needed links and everything worked fine, exported OK, until a change was made to the model then it popped up again. As a test, when the error came up I just deleted the offending part and tried to export. The error then moved to the next animated part. It does not appear to be part specific.I just wonder why all animations functioned and exported fine for so long, then at some point, start provoking errors.If there are any helpful suggestions out there, they would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!!Bob C.

Guest Fly1

To add a little more, I have a previously saved copy of the project file. The model is grouped as "Exterior". This copy of the file exports fine. No errors or problems at all.But, if I ungroup the model, and try to export, then I get the above error. If I try to regroup and export, again the error. Something with the grouping process seems to be affecting animated parts.Really makes you want to just give up after 7 months of working on a project and you get this kind of crap.RegardsBob C.

I understand your frustration, but after hours of agony, I found a "fix" for the problem.Ungroup your [exterior], select the reported offending part, and then from the Hiearchy/Reset menu click on "SCALE" to resetSelect every other part in the parts tree below that one, and click SCALE in turn.Regroup your [exterior] parts, SAVE IT, and then do an export.You should not have to do this again, thankfully! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Fly1

Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try.Bob C.

>Thanks Bill, I'll give it a try.You're welcome, Bob. I ran into exactly this problem with the 400A and 400XP source files while updating the models for FS9 these last few days.I did discover that you must select each "offending part" separately, and Reset the Scale for each. Multiple selection will not work...BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest Fly1

Well Bill, it worked great!!What a major relief. I owe you several cool ones sir if we ever have the opportunity to meet.Thanks again!!!!!!!Bob C.