Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

VC rain drops

Guest jlwoodward

Has anyone done any work on making the rain drops appear on the VC windows? Since it only works for the default aircraft, it must involve doing something in the model, perhaps a transparent texture as is done for the VC panel. There are lots of VC raindrop textures in the FS2004 texture file. What they are I can't tell. Also, does it make a difference if it is FSDS or Gmax?Thanks,John Woodward

Guest jlwoodward

Well, so far I applied one of the textures to a windshield, trying both the front and back side and with transparent textures checked on or off. No luck.John Woodward

Guest Milton

John, at one time I tried putting a windshield in the VC but was dis-satisfied with the reduced clarity of visibility. However, I did not try it in the rain. The windshield would have to have the external polys visible (from the outside of the VC) for the possibility of it working. Looks like that is what you just tested.I did notice in VC mode, that when it is snowing, the snow does not actually come up to the aircraft. Seems there is an invisible shield around the aircraft that the snow does not hit the aircraft or tarmac.Interesting thought though .. hopefully, a solution can be found.Milton