Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Contact Point Data ???

Here's my situation. The Grumman Mallard. Works fine in FS2002 as it should as it was designed for that, but crashes anytime you put it on water in FS2004. Suspecting that it is a difference in the contact points, I tried cutting and pasting that data from amphibious aircraft that I knew worked in FS2004. Well, the Mallard stopped crashing but, depending on what set I used, it was suspended above the water a few feet. In one case, my nose gear would only partially retract. The main thing though is that I proved the problem is in the contact points; I just don't know how or what I am reading with them. Any assist or pointing me in the right direction where I can learn what the various numbers mean and how to edit them would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Heather

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Heather, :-)The Aircraft Container SDK explains the contact points "fairly" well. You can also get a basic description from the default aircraft aircraft.cfg files in front of the contact point section.Here's MS's link for the Aircraft Container and other SDK's:http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.aspI suspect the issue may be the crash points 4, 5, and 6 that may be causing the issue... but do not know for sure for that aircraft.Milton

Thank you Milton, I really appreciate the assist.I better break out the Tylenol, I know what I will be doing now.Cheers!Heather