Sign in to follow this  

Lancair Legacy 2000 for FS2002 Released

Guest Fly1

Well, I have finally uploaded the Legacy to the Avsim file library. Hopefully it should be available for download soon.I want to sincerely thank all of the individuals that have helped during this project. The FS2004 version should be up pretty soon. Needs a little more tweeking.Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.Best Regards!!Bob C.

Guest PhLem

Superb !! I'll get it as soon as it is up. Thanks for all the great work put into this beauty !!!Take Care,Udo.PGT:-wave

Guest Valid_Andy

Looks amazing bob! I'll get it as soon as the 04 version is out :(

Sweet! And great VC! Love it, man. Looking forward to the download link to appear. Thanks! :-)Etienne

Any reason I should NOT make an etempt at putting this into FS2004 by any chance?

Guest Fly1

Thanks for trying the Legacy!!No, it will work in FS2004. The textures will be a bit washed out, and the speeds will not be exactly correct, but otherwise it should work. I am hearing that others are trying it in FS2004 and the GPS is crashing the program though. If you are familiar with the FS file layout, you could revise the panel.cfg regarding the compass and gps. Copy the info below over the current compass and GPS info. The <> should be replaced with the squared brackets.For the Compass: //Replace <> with Brackets - See previous windowfile=compass.bmpsize_mm=70position=2visible=0ident=COMPASS_PANELgauge00=Magnetic_Compass!Magnetic-Compass,0,0For the GPS: //Replace <> with BracketsBackground_color=0,0,0 size_mm=456,378window_size_ratio=1.000 position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANELwindow_size= 0.400, 0.400window_pos= 0.590, 0.590gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,0An update is coming to make sure the reflective textures work at night. Check the file library.Thanks again!!Bob C.

What is it about FS2K4 that makes incorrect speeds in 2K2 models? Has this subject been covered elsewhere? I am currently trying to update a PA28, and that is my problem, too, the speeds are off significantly.ThanksThomas

Guest azflyboy

Great job on the legacy! A true piece of art! I was wondering if there were any plans to redo the VC so tha gauges update faster? (its a near impossible to fly an ILS in the VC with the current update rate)

Guest Fly1

Well, Thanks for trying the Legacy guys!1) There have been many several discussions here regarding the way FS9 interprets certain aerodynamic numbers. FS2002 read and used wing incidence/twist numbers, and FS9 does not seem to function similarly. If there is incidence listed in FS9 it appears to effect the induced drag. You may want to do a search regarding "induced drag".2) Ohhhhhh the dreaded gauge refresh. Yes I agree it is less than optimal (Ugh). But, when designing the VC there came a point where I had to make a decision. Smooth flight performance or smooth gauge refreshes. I noticed that a number of the great aircraft that have come out recently have awesome VC, but some tend to take a hit regarding smoothness while in the VC. At my current level of abilities, I considered several methods of gauge placement and overall panel design and went for the one that gave the best flight performance, and still offers clear readable gauges. I knew this would be an issue with some, but smoothness has always been at the top of my list. The alternate approach would be loosing resolution and clarity of the gauges. Compromise, oh how sweet.Please remember there is an update that has been uploaded to improve night textures.Thanks again all!!!!!!!Bob C.

>Thanks for trying the Legacy!!>>No, it will work in FS2004. The textures will be a bit washed>out, and the speeds will not be exactly correct, but otherwise>it should work. I am hearing that others are trying it in>FS2004 and the GPS is crashing the program though. >>If you are familiar with the FS file layout, you could revise>the panel.cfg regarding the compass and gps. Copy the info>below over the current compass and GPS info. The <> should be>replaced with the squared brackets.>>For the Compass:> > //Replace <> with Brackets - See previous window>file=compass.bmp>size_mm=70>position=2>visible=0>ident=COMPASS_PANEL>>gauge00=Magnetic_Compass!Magnetic-Compass,0,0>>>For the GPS:>> //Replace <> with Brackets>Background_color=0,0,0 >size_mm=456,378>window_size_ratio=1.000 >position=8>visible=0>ident=GPS_PANEL>window_size= 0.400, 0.400>window_pos= 0.590, 0.590>>gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,0>>An update is coming to make sure the reflective textures work>at night. Check the file library.>>Thanks again!!>>Bob C.>Bob,I'm using your Legacy in FS2004 and it flys very well. I did the above changes to the panel to make it work but I would like to know if there is an Icon to the "Engine Panel" without having to hit the Shift+3 key combo.Thanks .......................... Hitech