Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronalito

FS2004 / FS16 Radar Gauge from Eric Marciano "NoPlanes"

Guest ronalito

Hi everyone,Does anybody, maybe Eric himself, tell me why this excellent gauge works normally on FS2004 (opening and starting phase) but that no planes appear on the screen despite (in my case) of heavy traffic. I use the FSUIPC (Version 3.07 (September 2003))Unregistered.TKS in advance for any helps.

Guest InBetween

Greetings,I had to register my copy of FSUIPC before the radar gauge would work.The readme info that came with the d/l gives the web site, etc.After you pay at SimMarket, you get an email the next day with a key.JR

Guest grb

I just went through a similiar process. For any readers on this thread:Bottom line is if you have downloaded FSUIPC version 3.0.0 and upward........the newest 9/22/03 is at.... version 3.0.8.You will find that all third party apps that you have downloaded over the years such as the gauge mentioned above, AFCAD, various Weather tools, you name it..............will not longer be functional.Peter Dowson had decided to start charging for his FSUIPC product,which is his right to do. He has provided the MS Sim world with a pretty nice simulator interface to third party development for thepast few years for free. Why shouldn't he get some kind of reward for all the work he has done for us all.So if you do not register his FSUIPC (pay for it), don't expect a lotof gauges and associated functions to work anymore. Now if you go to his forum at: SimFlight.com and look for his forum... you will find threads that indicate what FREE KEY REGISTERED PRODUCTS he has made available for non-paying FSUIPC users.Unfortunatly the list is very small. AFCAD is on the list, but as for all the XML and C designed gauges we all take for granted. NO.Similiarly things like if you where using GETWEATHER or other third party weather services.........NO. etc. etc.So I think I will forget about the ESOUND package I mentioned elsewhere in this forum a few days ago and just forget this wholemess. What happens if Peter is no longer able to maintain his FSUIPC package............... NO new developement for FS2K2/F9 etc.,will happen.I wonder if he is aware of this. I did not bring this fact up to himin that other forum. But non of us live forever. So looks like the live time of FSUIPC is now limited to those third party developers that will give Peter the correct information to register their product so that it will work in FSUIPC.As for all past, current third party apps., looks like they will nolonger be avaialbe to many of us that cannot or will not pay for FSUIPC.cheers all,

Guest ronalito

Very bad news, especially for people who have build and included in other aplications(panels for example) such gauges and were downloaded by many people, (I have many example if somebody want them!!!)and are of course not "controlled" by the author and therefore cannot be advised that what they unconsciuosly used to their entire satisfaction is now unavailable on their planes for a reeason just hard or impossible to advise to normal users who are not in the "inside" business of advanced FS users.Just to bad....s.