Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Putting an ADF gauge in the FS2004 DC-3

Guest DonaldS

I posted this in the MS Flight Sim General forum. I guess should have posted it here.Based on some expert advice given here by an AVSIM forum poster, I was able to lift the Cessna Caravan HSI and put it in the DC-3 panel. Works like a jewel.gauge11=Douglas_DC3!turn_and_bank, 193, 455gauge12=Douglas_DC3!radio_compass, 177, 582gauge13=Douglas_DC3!altimeter, 342, 455gauge14=Douglas_DC3!asi, 341, 581gauge15=Douglas_DC3!ahi, 475, 371gauge16=Douglas_DC3!vsi, 487, 523->gauge17=Cessna208!Horizontal-Indicator, 488, 648, 130<-So I; being the ever thoughtful person that I am, (snicker) figured I'd do the same thing with the ADF. That is, lift the ADF guage from the Cessna Caravan and the Beech King Air and dropped in in place of the DC'3's ADF.They worked, half way, sort of. By that I mean, the guage dropped right in place looks okay -- BUT, they just won't indicate the direction of the ADF transmitter.What part of the equation am I missing here? Can anyone advise, suggest or otherwise help me in getting a _working_ ADF gauge into the DC-3. I have tried all manner of things.Thanks,DonaldS

Guest Douglas K

I used FS Panel Studio to place the Cessna ADF indicator in the DC-3 panel:gauge12=Cessna208!ADF, 177,582,145,145It works fine for me, I was able to tune and receive several NDBs in a brief test while airborne at 6000 MSL.

Guest DonaldS

Hi Douglas:Thank you for the tip.I replaced the panel.cfg line with the one you supplied. It brought the Caravan ADF gauge into the DC-3 panel alright, but; no joy. The needle still would no point to the transmitter. Even though the DC-3 default ADF needle would do so.I think I finally figured out why.Just bringing the Caravan ADF gauge over, all by itself was only half of the equation. I had to bring over the Caravan ADF tuner from the radio stack. When I did that, the Caravan ADF needle pointed straight away at the transmitter. I added it to the panel.cfg as "gauge43="So now I have a functioning ADF in the DC-3. The tuner looks sort of tacky just sitting there between the flap indicator and the airspeed indicator. But I'll worry about that later.Regards,DonaldS

Guest Douglas K

I'm glad you got it working Donald. I'm somewhat mystified though, I was using the DC-3 ADF radio (with the hand crank tuner) to tune the NDBs. The C-208 ADF indicator would then point to the station. I wonder why that won't work for you?If you want, here is a new window for the DC-3s' panel.cfg with the Bendix-King ADF receiver in it:To install Window 07, open the DC-3 panel.cfg file, and add the Window07=ADF entry to the Window Titles section. [Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=RadiosWindow02=GPSWindow03=Throttle QuadrantWindow04=Other ControlsWindow05=Electrical PanelWindow06=Mini PanelWindow07=ADF80window_size= 0.170, 0.060window_pos= 0.820, 0.420gauge00=bendix_king_radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0,0,156,40The ADF radio will be out of the way now. You can access it and open this window with shift+8 when you want to tune the ADF.