Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

CHALLANGE - I cant do it - can someone else?

Guest Knikolaes

I have mastered the art of 2D panel configs and created some nice opanels for myself. Too bad I have no clue how in the world to even think about messing with a 3-D panel.So here is my request . . . . .Can someone possibly find a way to integrate and place the switches for the Flight Attendant/Crew Announcements on - say - the overhead area of the Virtual Cockpit? Is this even possible? If so I would LOVE it if someone created the ability to do this, as with the release of FS2004 I have all but ceased the use of 2-D cockpits in conjunction with reality.If no one knows what I am talking about, such examples of the crew announcements are on panels b737fs9s_123814.zip by Bruce Benaway (a wonderful upgrade for 2-D users by the way :-) and ks737ng.zip by Kevin Sparkuhl.I am hoping someone finds a way to do this with all 3 commercial AC (the 737, 747 and 777) for FS2004. I think it would add that last bit of realism to the feeling of the 3-D world of the VC in FS9, and would also help for those of us who do not want to switch to 2-D panel every time we want to use a user add-on.If anyone has any leads or input as to how I can accomplish this for myself, OR would like to try for yourself to accompllish this, please email me at knikolaes@dark-haven.org as I would VERY greatly be interested in using such a feature.With Honor,Knikolaes Asaru DravinStudent PilotHome Base - KSLC

Guest Milton

If you have it on the 2D panel, add the same gauge or switch to the 3D panel in the VCockpitnn section.

Guest Knikolaes

Ah, okay. I'll give it a try. Didnt know if I needed some sory of coordinate system or not for that or other software.Many thanks for the tip.

Guest Knikolaes

Hmm. Okay I just looked in that section to see if I could get a coordinate comparison off of other guages on my overhead (where I was going to place the sound switches), but I am wondering how the heck the simulator knows those switches are there. I scoured the panel.cfg file and though in my simulator I have De-Ice, light and pitot heat switches on my overhead in the VC, they are not in either VCockpit01 or 02 in my cfg file.Any ideas?Knik

Guest Milton

The gauges should be named in one of the sections. The textures (names) are likely in the texture folder.See the default aircraft for examples.

Guest Knikolaes

Actually I was looking at the default LOL. There are indeed no switches in VC 1 or 2 sections of the CFG for the overhead area. No DeIce, no lights, no pitot heat, but i DO see the guages for the displays, etc on the front panel. Are the switches maybe just a part of the MDL?Knik