Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanK

Trying to make a Baron with turboprop

Guest Gerwin

New to aircraftdesign, I want to modify the fs9 Beechcraft Baron to have turboprops instead of piston engines. I'm not thinking of modifying the power or any other flight characteristics of the Baron, I just want it to have the standard 2*300 horsepower, but with turboprop characteristics and sound. I managed the sound by copying it from the KingAir, I even managed a slow spin-up time for the propeller by editing aircraft.cfg, but it doesn't "really have" turboprops. When I change the engine-type to 5 in the aircraft.cfg, it doesn't respond to the powerlever anymore and the enginepanel says the engine is not running, although it sounds like it's running. What do I have to edit to achieve this?

Guest Skymed

Have you also edited the aircraft *.air file?I think you need to change the engine parameters in there as well to make the sim think it has turbo-props on the baron. I use a program called AirEd to look inside the *.air files.You can get it here: http://members.dsl-only.net/~eagle/Also, It may be useful to compare the *.air files of the KingAir and the Baron and look at the differences. Using Aired you should be able to figure out why one is a turboprop and the other a piston.Hope that helps,Steve

Guest IanK

With a TP you need to add jet tables 1501 to 1507 to the .air file plus 1508 for the shaft torque and 1548 in the new FS9 and with the correct prop variable pitch controls it might work.Ian