Sign in to follow this  
Guest jetBlue_03

Updated preview: "My Next Project:"

Guest jetBlue_83

Hey everyoe!!!:-waveHere is a shot of some additions I made to the premier 1 I am working on. I managed to get my hands on a seating plan and, well, see for youselves!!!!!!!!!!! (Note: I still have to add the "external Aft Baggage" compartment.)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/43846.jpg

Guest jetBlue_03

I have to make some changes to he fuselage though. It seems that everything down to the way the door opens on the Premier 1 is weird!! Yes, it will be freeware (for whoever was wondering:))

Guest EAA-BUFF

My only question is, how many polygons does this plane have at the present moment?Thanks!

Guest Eurosky

I care about polygon count lol :-shy :-hah Looks very good dude! cant wait to see her in FS with a nice paint :-cool

Guest jetBlue_03

What would be an "Ideal" polygon count??? I've always wondered about that...Thanks for the support!! I've been testing her out in the sim and she looks great, even without textures. I also (finally) opened the word document "MakeMDL SDK" and lo and behold, there were part names and animation names galore! SO, now I made the door open and close, the wheels visibly rotate, and much more to come!!!

Guest Eurosky

heywell depens on what you want. I think ideal is as low as possible, myself i think 30000 for exterior is maximum (again just my opinion). Our 757 is 22000 for exterior and 6000 for interior. With pretty high quality textures she runs very good on most systems.

Guest jetBlue_03

I see...do you guys use 'MeshSmooth' any at all? Because I think that that might explain why my model is so bountiful in polygons! :-eek

Guest Eurosky

nop i dont use it myself. I think in your model, the wing uses alot polygons at the front, with only a few you can also get a smooth effect You just have to put the right amount of polygons on the right place *:-* which can be very hard to do hehe, I am still working on that too :-shy

Guest jetBlue_03

I had used an extruded spline to model the wings and did not use (I think) meshsmooth...Anyways, I'm going to redo alot of the parts in GMAX directly instead of exporting them as 3ds from 3ds. Check out another preview shot in the screenshots forum to see how it looks with a texture applied, even though I still have to refine THAT technique!!!