Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightmike1

Installer that can modify/edit a Panel.cfg file

Guest Bryan

Hi,Does anyone know of an Installer that can directly modify a pre-existing Panel.cfg file during the intallation routine?In other words, suppose I create an addon gauge that I want people to add to the default 737. Is there a way to have the installer edit the .cfg file directly, because I know that if you leave people to edit the .cfg file themselves, a lot of them without experience may have troubles and muck things up.

Guest Deeks

Installshield and Setup Factory both can thru the use of install scripting. These two solutions do not come with a low price tag so for freeware use this may be a limiting factor. I would recommend Setup Factory for the average user as the price is much lower and Installshield has features most would never use. Scripting in SF is much easier whereas IS really requires some understanding of C programming to effectively write scripts. I use both products depending on client/my needs.Setup Factory 6.0 http://indigorose.com/site/index.phpSingle user lic - $395.00 USD

Guest Bryan

Hi Flightmike,I just downloaded and took a look at the freeware version of Clickteam's install program.It seems pretty simple. How do you set it up so you can modify a .cfg file during installation though?I didn't see any options to do such a thing. Perhaps I need the Pro version?Cheers and thank you.

Guest airhead

Greets Bryan,Not sure about Installshield or Clickteam, but Setup Factory will definitely do what you want. It isn't free, but I think you can download a full-functioning demo from Indigo Rose's website (indigorose.com) to give it a try. I have used Setup Factory as well as AutoPlay Media Studio, both are solid programs and work well together for building installers and applications.

Guest flightmike1

It appears you can't do it anymore, I haven't use the old version of install creator(used to be install maker).