Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Greatest Airliners b737-400 (DreamFleet 737) for MSFS2000

Guest b737FO

Hi all, I'm currently flying MSFS2000 Pro edition and thinking ofbuying the 'Dreamfleet b737-400' add-on. Being a real-life F/O on the b737 airliner, I hope this will be as close to the real aircraft as it gets...One thing is of the utmost importance, though : It has to fly like the real aircraft. I'm told that the overhead-panel is completely functional, and the MCP-CDU-FMA works as in real life. This is exactly what I'm looking for. However... The b737-400 included in my FS didn't fly like the realthing at all ! Descent planning in this airliner is one of the trickiest bits. It doesn't descend AND slow down. On the FS2000 flight-model : in idle, this plane sinks like a rock ! You can get away with anything... The real plane -especially when heavy- does NOT decellerate at descent angles in excess of 3 degrees !! Could anybody tell me if the 'dreamfleet' add-on more or less flies correctly ? Any real-life pilots want to contact me on this ? Many thanks in advance !

Guest John_Noppe

Well I aint no real pilot but I do can tell you that its gotta be one of the best addons out there.But, FS2004 came out recently and its great, Dreamfleet is making a new version of the 737 for FS2004 with alot of new things.PS: For what airline do you fly? :(

John NoppeScreenshot forum moderatorAVSIM Online

http://www.paint4fs.com/johnbanner.gif

Guest b737FO

Currently flying for Sobelair... Belgian Holiday charter company. Main destinations : Greek Islands, Spain and Canary Islands

Guest b737FO

Here I am again... Know what ? I went out and bought it !It's still not quite like the real thing, but a lot better than the default 737. What bothers me now is : the numereous discrepancies in the FMC and MCP. Why didn't they work with real life test-pilots to clear this out ? I'm planning on writing up an extensive e-mail to flight1 and see if they care... Answer will probably be : 'We told you it wouldn't be exactly like the real thing !' By the Way : does anyone know of some patches for GA737-400 ? THX a Lot !

Guest Valid_Andy

Hey, yeh its a cool addon, but i do recommend upgrading to FS2004, it is better in every aspect:D Do you have MSN messenger or ICQ or anything like that? I would be interested to talk to you, as i am currently *busy* on a number of "projects"... and would love to talk to you as you have experience!!! If you dont have any messenger type programs, maybe I could contact you by email:9

Guest Van

There were a couple of patches created for FS2002 and the package has been fine tuned over the past couple of years. Many people including myself have created merges for various 733 and 734 visual models (Ariane and FFX)and FDE modifications to get the aircraft to function reasonably well, but you must remember there have been many advancments in MSFS add-on packages over the past few years towards greater realism. The fact that you are flying the original package in FS2000 will leave much to be desired. No ATC, AI aircraft or TCAS modelling is available in that sim and the flight dynamics are no where near as good as FS2002. Dreamfleet also used the MS default autopilot when creating their package and we all know how unstable that is. I'm sure when Dreamfleet releases their 734 and 732 packages sometime next spring they will take full advantage of all the new technologies that FS2004 has to offer and the realsim factor will be raised a great deal. Hopefully DF will create their own autopilot that has nothing to do with MSFS's as the PIC team did for the PIC767 (which by the way is probably the most realistic package created thus far for MSFS).I guess in short, you can't expect the realism you are after when you are flying a sim as old as FS2000.I have included a link below directly to Dreamfleet as they have their own forum and because they are the package creators (not Flight one) I'm sure many of your questions can be answered there.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designerhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/

Guest JeanLuc_

I hope all aircraft designer will certainly not take the route of the custom autopilot, but will rather explore the full potential of the new FS2004 autopilot related configuration parameters. They seem top notch and allow any form of autopilot sensitivity now!