Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peyroteo

Changing boost in recip engines

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Peyroteo,As far as I know, there is no way. Once the tables in the air file are defined, they are set. If you could, through an interface to FS, modify a boost scalar or table values dynamically, then maybe. We are currently struggling with the same issue for P&W R1800's shifting the blowers from low to high.I would recommend posting the question over at AVHISTORY for the FDE gurus. Maybe someone can come up with a solution.http://www.avhistory.org/scripts/MegaBBS/f...w.asp?forumid=5Milton

MiltonThanks for your reply.I already search in avhistory and they have the same opinion as you.No way. I will try through an interface to FS (fsiupc may be).I work around with the sdk var

For my aircraft, procedure is generally to shift to high boost at 14000 feet. One could certainly modify the proper tables to give the appropriate boost in thrust and manifold pressure.

>Peyroteo,>>As far as I know, there is no way. Once the tables in the air>file are defined, they are set. If you could, through an>interface to FS, modify a boost scalar or table values>dynamically, then maybe. We are currently struggling with the>same issue for P&W R1800's shifting the blowers from low to>high.>Milton All I can suggest would be to put some gauge code between the throttle variable and FS throttle variable. Set critical altitude and max MP higher than the normal limits and then use the code to set the throttle to get the required MP for the specific altitude and blower condition. I think this can be done with FSUIPC; seems it lets one "cut" JS inputs so he can modify their effects. However, that now requires a registered application in FS2K4. If one were willing to set the throttle from key codes set to the keys, a gauge might be able to use those keys, then set the FS throttle as appropriate. Another approach would be to turn the FS JS input off, and control the normal FS JS variables from one's own DirectX JS input driver. Or, perhaps he could intercept the JS variables directly from DX. Then, he could process the output of that driver before setting the FS elevator, throttle, etc. directly with his variables. Now if FSUIPC can get at such inner FS variables, a gauge could alse. In fact, there are many arcane token variables, records, etc. available to C programmers. However, I don't remember anything in the published header file that lets one get at the throttle this way. Non of the above is very attractive.Ron