Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Help with panel please

Guest Birdie

Hi, I am pretty new at this and have a few questions. This is for a Cessna 402 and I am having problems with the annunciator gauge. In the 2d panel I have two c208 annunciators and was wondering if there is a way to get one of them to function for #2 engine. In the vpanel I have the King Air annunciator which I like better but the low oil press warning lights are always on, I can't get them to turn off. Any help would be very much appreciated. Here are a couple of shots of the panel and any ideas that would make it better would be very much be ok. I plan on changing the airspeed indicator because it doesn't really suit a c402.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51895.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51896.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51897.jpg Cheers!

Guest Douglas K

>Hi, I am pretty new at this and have a few questions. This is for a Cessna 402 and I am having problems with the annunciator gauge. In the 2d panel I have two c208 annunciators and was wondering if there is a way to get one of them to function for #2 engine.< I don't see any way to edit the annunciator gauge and make it read the #2 engine. In an XML gauge it would be easy, for a gauge created in C about all you can do is edit the bitmaps.A better solution would be to create new gauges written in XML for your A/C, with a little practice and study it's actually pretty easy to do and you don't need any tools other than Notepad and MS Paint.You'll find lots of information in this forum on how to create XML gauges, and be sure to look into the anchored post XML FAQ near the top. Also, Arne Bartels has written a "collection of facts" about XML gauges named xmlgau01.zip available here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...tels&CatID=RootI've heard the XML syntax has changed somewhat in FS9, so until the FS9 Panel SDK is released, you can take a look inside the default XML gauges for clues on how to accomplish what you want to do in your 402 annunciator gauges. And people ask questions here all the time about their gauge code and receive expert replies.>In the vpanel I have the King Air annunciator which I like better but the low oil press warning lights are always on, I can't get them to turn off.:)Good luck with your project.

Guest Birdie

Thank you very much for your input. Thanks for taking the time to help a couple of newbies out. we will start learning about the XML gauges and in the future if you have any more input, it would be great. Thanks again Douglas.

Guest Douglas K

You're welcome!And I'm always glad to help out by sharing what little I know, but when it comes to gauge coding I'm just as much a beginner as you are.I can do all the simple XML stuff like switches, digital readouts and panel hotspots, and I even created a double needle Ng tachometer gauge for the MS King Air, but I won't be coding any autopilot gauges anytime soon!But not to worry, the annunciator gauges shouldn't be too hard to build, and the people who frequent this forum are wizards when it comes to making even the most complicated gauges work. Just post your code if you have problems and someone will help.:)