Sign in to follow this  
Guest ptwaugh

How can I get custom tooltips in .gau's?

Hi,Just started compiling gauges using VC++, since even with the DragonFight info, I was unable to get it to work with Dev-C++ and gcc, my normal compiler.I have managed to learn enough with that info and the SDK to finally sucessfully compile the sample gauges.Now, I am trying to do something simple, namely send a pointer to custom tooltip text like this://///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Custom tooltipchar *hobbs_tooltip = "Hobbs Hour Meter 1500-S";MOUSE_BEGIN( hobbs_mouse_rect, hobbs_tooltip, 0, 0 )MOUSE_END/////////////Compiling gives me these 2 errors: - error C2099: initializer is not a constant - warning C4047: 'initializing' : 'int ' differs in levels of indirection from 'void *'I did this thinking the 'helpid' was a simple pointer, but apparently now. So, how does one create a custom tooltip?Patrick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For example:

MOUSE_PARENT_BEGIN(889, 394, 30, 18, HELP_NONE)	MOUSE_TOOLTIP_STRING("Yaw Damper Engage Button")	MOUSE_CHILD_FUNCT (0, 0, 30, 18, CURSOR_HAND, MOUSE_LEFTSINGLE, ToggleYd)MOUSE_PARENT_END