Sign in to follow this  
Guest simagic3d

Panel and 3D view size

Guest simagic3d

I'm now on to making a simple 2D panel for my new ultralight plane. I've read thru the SDK and don't see much in the way of params to set the size of the both panel and 3D views. Is this all there is todefining such...?[Window00]file=panel_1024color.bmpfile_1024=panel_1024color.bmpwindowsize_ratio=0.262 // 268 divided by 1024position=0 // upper left corner (is this where the // panel background corner starts?size_mm=1024, 268 // size of my background imagevisible=1ident=MAIN_PANELSo, what happens when I select a saved flight, the 3D view is a little less than half the screen while the panel BG is stretched vertically by a large amount. Since the cfg default is for resizable, I can move the bottom of the 3D view all the way down to the bottom of the screen and likewise rescale the BG to the right aspect ratio with the mouse. But, where do I get these numbers to plug into the panel.cfg so that dimensions "stick."

Guest simagic3d

Can I get some help on this topic, please!I'm running into a brick wall. I can load up a plane in FS that has a full-screen 2D cockpit panel, confirm that it is full-screen and that the scenery view is full-screen as well (extends top to bottom behind the panel image), then take its PANEL.CFG, plug my panel image filename in place of theirs, save to my panel folder, load up my plane, and see my background panel image squashed by 1/3 and the 3D scenery view squashed to the upper 1/3 of the screen.Why aren't both the scenery and panel being scaled up vertically to fill the entire screen?Again, I can manual stretch both of them with the mouse to fit top to bottom, but that lasts only as long as the flight session.I'm following the exact same size design specs of all the other full-screen panels (1024 x 768) and using their cfgs as templates for mine, just my panel and view aren't doing what theirs does. Thanks.

Guest simagic3d

I think the problem is that another plane needed to be selected in "create a flight", press OK, then go and change the plane back to mine, press OK, and then "Go Fly." Seemed to reset whatever was previously stored in a stored flight re. 2D cockpit view dimensions.Whatever. Panel and View are now full screen.