Sign in to follow this  
Guest KillerWhale65

slow heading change

Guest KillerWhale65

Hi,i have a plane that is very slow in changing heading. When i put my joystick to the left or right, it rolls ok, like it should, but the heading only changes veeeeeeerrry slow! i've looked at the air-file, and there are a couple of lines there that might change that, bt i dont know exactly what. Could someone help me?tia,Matt

Guest Milton

I had this same issue with my 680. Tom Goodrick was nice enough to point this out and how to correct this for a proper 2 minute turn. I can't find his discussion on the matter at the moment, but the issue that I had was with cn_r yaw rate damping being too high (table 1101).Dropping mine from -4360 to -204 as suggested fixed the problem (as displayed by aired.exe). Of course there are other influences.To test yours, establish straight and level flight on AP. Using the heading bug, set up a change of direction using a standard rate turn. Measure the time it takes to change heading through 90 or 180 degrees. Determine the required time for a full 360 degree turn. Adjust your parameter until you get a 2-minute turn.

Guest KillerWhale65

roger, thanks alot, will try asap!