Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alexander_EFG

backdrops

Hello, i'm trying to setup my backdrops in gmax and have run into a little problem...Originally i used to set them up as backdrops in in each viewport, but got sick and tired of the images moving about everytime i zoomed in or reloaded a project. So i decided to use a method jetBlue_83 explained on a post (#14174) last year of mapping the images onto boxes. I've done all that and works fine, but when i create an object (fuselage, wings or whatever...) i can't see the backdrop.I tried freezing, hiding, wireframes but no luck!Is there anyway of viewing only certain objects in wireframe mode while leaving the box which has the image mapped onto it in Smooth + Highlights mode ??

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One possible alternative is to make the objects you're working "see-through", hide unselected, etc.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

To add to Felix's comments, try opening the properties of the calibration box/sides and uncheck "Show Frozen in Gray". Then Freeze the boxes to keep from selecting them. I usually have my objects as "see through" when shaping to the backdrops.

Thnk you both very much, taking in your suggestions i finally got it working as i needed.

In the window config, if you set "Lock Pan and Zoom" then your image ought to be kept along with your objects, too...

This might be the time to post a GWax "Ready to start" file on freeflight. I have made one for my own use so that it won't be necessary to create the backdrop boxes and stuff from scratch and make the usual settings every time you start a new project. As soon as I get home I'll post it.