Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karl R Pettersen

Default Baron FDE upgrade

Guest Karl R Pettersen

I was wondering if any FDE gurus had any "patches" to make the default baron behave better for my own upgrade (FS9 *only*). If all goes well, I will release it, but I do need an open FDE. I'm no expert, but I suspect the Baron to be oversensitive in all axes. What I am looking for is accurate stalls, realistic fuel burn, nice handling, engine out handling (vmca sensitive), in the 300 SHP version.Features:* Nearly all gauges (and most graphics) are remade to support sounds, night lightning, and other new functions.* Working deicing boots, including a warning light built into the annunciator test switch. Premature booting locks the boots. Audio when lumbs of ice is slung into the fuselage.* All default tooltip bugs has been fixed (subarea bug). Custom tooltips in most gauges, and handles failures.* All numpad-available views are properly defined.* New Paint schemes to match the toned-down virtual cockpit.* New engine and prop sounds controlled by new curves.* More (all!) groundrolls (i.e. Macadam, Bitunimous, and sand runway surface types. FS9 SDK don't mention these). Includes full description of bits and new stereo sounds.* Full avionics package, complete with on/off/test functions, direct tune, radial display etc, frequency spread knob etc. ATC will not "see you" if transponder mode is set incorrectly. Autodimming based on sunangle (thanks Arne). ADF standby frequency and timers. BFO simulates .5 kHz (since the real one doesn't have this). Everything does something.* A Sandel SN3308 EHSI wannabe replaces some default instruments, such as HSI, RMI and secondary VOR indicator, freeing up panel space. The actual was too heavy too make, but new functions such as an entry calculator is included instead.* KMA24 audio panel can choose ATC commands with the lower row, which has no use in FS. Identing needs the knobs on the radios to be pulled out before an ident can be heard, even if switched on on the KMA24.* Accurate autopilot (KFC-150) and altitude (KAS-297B) alerter (nearly there), including alerter sounds.* Pitch and bank sensitive (a bit fake) radar altitude, including test function and sounds.* Full (html-linked) reference file (based on 300 SHP version)* Interactive reference file; enter airport ID in form and get online weather, info etc.* Interactive checklist (checkboxes), mostly for test. Html-links to various parts for easy access.* Some flights and flightplans are included that takes you through some of the features.* Only one popup panel that contains it all (ECU, failure panel), excluding the GPS. Other popups are special and out of pilot control, such as landing success-o-meter.* Headbobbing and autolook functions built into virtual cockpit (must be turned on), although vc is so locked by MS design there was no real chance of modifying this. 2D only is recommended. I never liked the default attitude, so a non-flightdirector version is used instead.* All gauges made with xml, meaning you can modify at will whatever you need to suit your own style.* Manual can be read while flying, linked within the kneeboard (on my to do list).I'm also modifying the default C182 that emphasizes virtual cockpit use only (new gauges and sounds), where headbob, autolook, and mouselook has much more meaning. 2D-panel is based on the IFR panel, and may not be too useful for most.Well, those are the main "features" (little to do at work today :D) Anyone care to help me out in this FDE issue?

Guest Tom Goodrick

I have improved FD files for both the Baron and the 182 on my download site:http://home.hiwaay.net/~goodrick/Downloads.htmlI will be posting three Learjet files on Avsim soon: 31A, 45 and 60. The files for the 45 are only revised FD and a panel for the 45 that conforms to my standard twin jet panel. The other two are my original designs plus the new panel and my FD files.The new panels feature full xml engine data, wind data (as computed by the Garmin when in flight), built in Garmin display and new instruments that show V2 (takeoff safety speed) and Vref (approach speed) computed according to Bomardier data for the actual weight of the aircraft. These V speed gauges turn on at appropriate times and are located next to the airspeed display. There is also a digital radar altimeter that only turns on when less than 1000 feet above terrain. There is a Cabin Altitude gauge that works with good accuracy most of the time.

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Thanks. I think I'll find the files in the archives to prove very useful. Haven't tried them yet, but is it okay for me to modify things in the .air file / config-file to suit my needs, and include it with the package (if ever completed)? I don't believe I'll change anything "flight related", only "systems changes" (enabling deicing boots, slaved heading indicators, special purpose lights etc).In any case I'll keep track of my changes and state it somewhere.