Guest sgt98c

C'mon guys, Someone please make an A36 Bonanza for FS9 with a realistic panel. I am in a flight training program using the A36 for initial flight training and it would help to learn procedures to have one on FS9. I know that flying it would NOT replace training, so don't even assume that's why I want it. Please, please, please.

Generally, this isn't the place to request that an aircraft be built unless you have something to offer in return--this is a forum where designers and potential designers share ideas (and I think it's the best forum Avsim offers). It's a tall order to request an aircraft--something I learned when I finally started to design them myself...My suggestion is to look at Carenado's F33 or V35... Should give you some feel for the cockpit, I think... It's payware, but believe me twenty bucks or so is worth it considering a good aircraft takes many hours to design. If you value labor against minimum wage, the payware's a bargain!-John

Guest Tom Goodrick

There is an A36 Bonaza with realistic flight dynamics athttp://home.hiwaay.net/~goodrick/Downloads.htmlThe panel is a custom panel I made that represents the current trend toward all glass panels. You might find a better panel in the files here or elsewhere. But at least the flight dynamics are correct.

Guest sgt98c

So, generally, designers only create aircraft if they are going to receive something in return? I see an awful lot of freeware designs out there. I would be more than happy to pay a shareware fee, if that is what you mean. Also, where would you suggest that I post a request such as this? I posted it here because, like you, I feel that this forum is probably visited by the sim community's most able and proficient designers and maybe, just maybe, one of them would design an A36 for the joy of doing so or a shareware version. I'm not sure, but I would guess that designing these planes is a hobby, not a significant source of income for most. So, if my post seemed to be a waste of space to you, as was evident in your reply, I apologize. And I do have every version of the Bonanza that I can find, but have yet to find one that incorporates "realistic" flight dynamics with a "realistic" panel. Didn't think it would hurt to ask.

>So, generally, designers only create aircraft if they are>going to receive something in return? I see an awful lot of>freeware designs out there. I would be more than happy to pay>a shareware fee, if that is what you mean. Also, where would>you suggest that I post a request such as this? I posted it...long rant follows,Well, I think what he was trying to say was that you should not just come in here asking for an aircraft without doing even a small amount of work yourself. Money has nothing to do with it. However, creating an aircraft for FS is a long and complex process, which many people do not appreciate. If you can help us out in some way, then we might be more open to your suggestion. I don't necessarily think this is a bad place to post, but I think of this forum as a place where designers can seek advice from others, and where we can hook up with other to collaborate on projects.Recently, a man who is building a real RV-7 emailed me and asked me if I was interested in designing an RV-7 for FS. I said "not really", but after I took a look around the Vans Aircraft site, I became more interested. I emailed him and asked what sort of information he had that he could share with me. I figured if her were building a real aircraft, he must have some sort of plans, performance data, etc. Well, of course, all he sent me was the link to the Vans website. He was asking for a lot, and providing nothing in the way of assistance. By coincidence, a payware Vans aircraft was realeased a few days later, so I emailed him and told him that the small amount of money he would have to invest in the payware version was a better bargain that the amount of time I would have to invest, so the project died before it ever got started. He was pretty upset by this, and sent me an an abusive email, which sort of underscores the fact that he had no idea about how much work I would have had to put in.On the other hand, there are some people who don't have the skills to create aircraft/scenery, but they are willing to bend over backwards to help out with textures, or getting pictures of aircraft, or getting maps to email to me, etc. Often they make special trips to the airport to get this stuff. I will do anything for them, since they are so willing to help out.I have been working on my current project for about a month, and it might be 25% completed. I wouldn't have gotten this far, if I didn't have the help of the guys on the ground, taking pictures, talking to pilots, etc.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/66277.jpgSo, if you want an aircraft ordered, especially one that you are currently flying, maybe you should be prepared to do a small amount of work to get what you want. Also, expect a 3 - 6 month lead time. :)- Martin