Sign in to follow this  
Guest philg

XML Paramter access in C module (or Gauge?!)

Ok here goes, I've wrtten a C module which essentiallys reads loads of token variables and dumps them to a file. The problem is, I cant find tokens for all the variables I want - however, some, such as TOTAL WEIGHT and ATC ID etc are available as XML parameters according to the FS8 SDK docs. Is there any way I can access thes parameters from C in FS8 or more critically FS9. Im about to give up and wait for the SDK docs for FS9 but I have no idea how long that wait will be - and although various forum searchs here havnt helped, someone must know how to do this - I know FSUIPC can do it but I want to avoid using 3rd party addons as I need as much speed as I can get here (previous FSUIPC attempts have been too slow where as this module seems pretty good in comparison - apart from the lack of variable access). Yesterday I stumbled across FDSConnect which has source avaliable :) Whilst it's usefull, it still has no access to total weight or ATC ID etc...Any pointers appreciated.Thanks, Phil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

*BUMP*Incidentally, does anyone here know when MS plan on releasing the new panel & gauge SDK for FS9? It looks like I wont be getting much luck with the XML parameter access - and although I can find my values with a memory search etc - its not obvious how to get at them (the location is not static so there are some nasty pointers/functions involved somewhere along the line :( )Phil