Sign in to follow this  
elche

Animation Question

Hi, I'm animating the landing gear for my Piper Seneca I and have been unable to get the right shape for the brake cable as you can see below...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/71400.gifThe brake cable (when suspension is decompressed)looks sort of like an "E" when it should look more like a "C" shape...Currently the brake cable has been divided into two cylinder objects. I would like to have just 1 cylinder object and use the move and rotate for the animation, something like the following...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/71401.gifI've tried this in FS but it doesn't work.Can FS do the above ?? or am i going to have to just make do with what the two cylinder objects for the cable ??Also...wouldn't it be good if instead of having 3 tyre objects ( still, slow and fast), just have 1 and simply have three textures and let FS animate the rotation speed and direction? just a way to save some polys. :-laugh1 ThanksDiego

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Diego,Unfortunatelly the second is not possible. FS does not accept point animation, only object, which explains some very blocky/unrealistic animated people in some packages. We have asked the MSFS Team to add this, but got no guarantees.The best solution is to break the brake line into separate objects, link them, and animate accordingly.

I thought that was the case... :-doh Thanx Fabio

I thought that was the case... :-doh Thanx Fabio