Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean Mountford

Programmer wanted for WYSIWYG FX & XML Editor Program

Okay, guys I could really use some help here and team members to help with this project. I need to find a programmer to help make a new freeware program for FS that will be a simple WYSIWYG FX and XML gauge editor for FS2004 (maybe Fs2002)...As I've been trying to complete the F-14 Top Gun planes I've been finding that the code and SDK stuff is pretty hard to learn, and there are some people out there who understand all the XML and FX file stuff...It would be great if we could have a program that does all the hard work for us. Something that will make FX and XML editing simple...You know "I want this light to turn on for 1 second, and then off for 2. It must be green in color and be this size" etc etc etc.Okay,I've been working on several projects over the last few years and have just realized that life would be much simpler for FS design if somene could program a simple WYSIWYG editor for FX files and XML files.If anyone is interested in this project please leave a message here for me and we'll take things from there...Basic Cocept============An editor that simplifies the FX creation process.You say I want a light that is on but brightens every half second as the same light doubles as an anti collision light.You set the parameters you want to see and the program does all the code...You tell it the textures you want to use, and the XML variables will be generated as well...You could probably also get it to show what the final effect would look like without having to load and reload aircraft and FS...I really believe this is a much needed program and it will improve FS beyond belief...Dean MountfordFlight Sim Studios

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!