Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtom

Black dagy edges

Guest mtom

Hi there.Can anyone tell me how to get ride of the black dags on the edge of transparencies. I've noticed that some 2D panels are free of this problem, whereas others - my experiments included - resolve with a line of dark/black pixels along the angled edges of the windscreen. I've ensured that the edges are composed with a 'dissolve' format at 100% opacity (in the pencil or line options in the graphics program) as a means of producing clean sharp lines, but this seems not to fix the problem.Any ideas?Cheers,Matthew.

Guest Charlie Hall

While experimenting with making a panel from a photograph of a real panel I found that the best results were obtained by working on the image in Photoshop at a very high resolution or the highest your system will cope with, then converting as necessary to 1024 X 768, RGB colour, and 8 bits and saving the finished result. This enabled the editing of the window edges at very high resolution before converting to the required resolution and format. This seemed to work better for me anyway. I also found that Photoshop could be made to bend the picture so that some window lines could be made perfectly horizontal or perpendicular, but that depends also on what you want as a finished result.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Matthew,Convert them to 8-bit.

Guest mtom

Hey fellas.Thanks for the tips. Yep, I think saving the panels as 8-bit images is the trick. Also, editing images at a higher resolution is good thinking, and I've had some success with the 'rotate' function in twisting image parts so they line up sqaure. Now all I have to do is get my newly aquired panel program to edit gauges properly :-)Cheers,Matthew.