Sign in to follow this  
Guest pscarratt

ADF

Guest Eugen

Hi,I wonder which k-event is used for incr/ decr ADF STANDBY frequency and which k-event is used to swap between ADF1 STANDBY FREQUENCYADF1 ACTIVE FREQUENCYBrgdsEugen

Guest pscarratt

Hi Eugen,The way I tackled this is to use two L:VARs to store the active and standby frequencies. In this way I could store the numbers as real numbers and not in the BCD format that FS needs.In this way I can make simple click events to increase the numbers e.g. (L:ADF ACTIVE, number) 100 + (>L:ADF ACTIVE, number)Then in a seperate element in my gauge I have a 'housekeeping' funtion that depending on the status of the toggle switch translated the L:VAR number to BCD and sets the ADF1 frequency to that. (One thing to note is that the 1000 digit is not set directly, a different K:var is used if the adf freq is above or below 1000.)There is also a second housekeeping function that fixes the two adf frequencies to the minimum of 100 when the sim starts. (Otherwise the L:VARS default to zero.)I have included these two housekeeping functions in the text document attached. Hope it helps!

Guest Eugen

Hi Paul,Thanks for your reply had some time to put it togheter.I used a slight different approach with a macro as a 'housekeeping' funtion see below. I found also another way to set the ADF.BrgdsEugen(L:ADF1STBY,kilohertz) 10000 * s0 10 % (>L:ADFConversionTemp,number) l0 10 / flr 10 % 16 * (L:ADFConversionTemp,number) + (>L:ADFConversionTemp,number) l0 100 / flr 10 % 256 * (L:ADFConversionTemp,number) + (>L:ADFConversionTemp,number) l0 1000 / flr 10 % 4096 * (L:ADFConversionTemp,number) + (>L:ADFConversionTemp,number) l0 10000 / flr 10 % 65536 * (L:ADFConversionTemp,number) + (>L:ADFConversionTemp,number) l0 100000 / flr 10 % 1048576 * (L:ADFConversionTemp,number) + (>L:ADFConversionTemp,number) l0 1000000 / flr 10 % 16777216 * (L:ADFConversionTemp,number) + (>L:ADFConversionTemp,number) l0 10000000 / flr 10 % 268435456 * (L:ADFConversionTemp,number) + (>L:ADFConversionTemp,number) (L:ADFConversionTemp,number) %SET ADF%@ADFClick (>K:ADF_COMPLETE_SET)

Guest pscarratt

Neat i like it!