Sign in to follow this  
Guest boeingb

GMAX HELP

l know your guy`s have been asked this b4 but l want to start or attempt to build a aircraft. What program or is it gmax software that l use also where can l get intructions on how to make a object or aircraft from scratch? all help would b great thanks inadvance PaulStay Above The Clouds

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Paul,gMax is the free one, but quite complicatedFSDS/FSDS2 cost money, but are easier to learn (apparently)I've always used gMax, so i don't really know about FSDS, but the best place to look for tutorials on basically anything is www.freeflightdesign.com and also just to search on google for 3d S Max or gMax tutorial, because the basics are the same between each, except 3d s max costs a lot more and so has more features, but most of the tutorials you can find will help you start modelling, even if it isn't aircraft, then move onto the aircraft. Lots of tutorials from 3d s Max won't be able to be fully done in gMax, but most of the modelling can be done in gMax, and there are a lot more 3d studio max tutorials than gMax ones, infact there are a lot of sites which have hundreds of tutorials.I think you would be better following some of these tutorials before starting to make parts of the aircraft, because following the tutorials correctly is a good way to get practise at modelling, you will find out where the tools are located, and how they work, instead of trying to concentrate of making the aircraft. This way you will also know more techniques of doing things, and so you will be able to decide later on when making aircraft which technique is the best for that certain aircraft, because there are better ways to make some aircraft, such as larger ones, and then small ones.For FSDS, I have no idea, sorry!

thanks you so much it helps, l`ll keep trying on what u said thanks budStay Above The Clouds