Sign in to follow this  
Guest yk123

.......eyepoint driffiting down............

Guest yk123

Hi All,I have Hacked up a panel to suite my personal preferences. Im having trouble with the landing view, specifically the eyepoint. the eyepoint seems to be drifting on me, (most often down). This is not a function of a change in altitude(high to low), Its actually drifiting down form the center. In the main view i will perform an eyepoint reset, then switch to landing view, make no changes to the view and fly an approach. The closer i get to the runway the obviuos that the eyepoint is not right. Its hard to determine whether the eyepoint is bad from when i switch or if it is happening over time. I have a suspicion that maybe low visibility and little to no horizon reference maybe the cause. Could it be? Checking eyepoint on the ground, all is ok. trouble occurs in flight. Can ayone offer some help?Thanks,Tom

Guest yk123

[This is not a function of a change in altitude(high to low), Its actually drifiting down form the center.In the main view i will perform an eyepoint reset, then switch to landing view, make no changes to the view and fly an approach. The closer i get to the runway the obviuos that the eyepoint is not right. Its hard to determine whether the eyepoint is bad from when i switch or if it is happening over time. I have a suspicion that maybe low visibility and little to no horizon reference maybe the cause. Could it be?Checking eyepoint on the ground, all is ok. trouble occurs in flight.]Disregard above.........More specifically, i notice the problem occurs when repositioning the a/c from one airport to another. The eyepoint is differant{signifacantly} from one airport to another both runways being level{i checked} Anyone?Tom