Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

converting 2002 plane to 2004

I've been flying a lot of the Bill Lyons planes lately, both the ones that are payware and the former payware planes that are now freeware. This second class of planes includes, among others, the Tiger Moth, the Ryan Sportsman, and the Globe Swift. The trouble with these planes (if one can call it that) is that they were made for FS2002. Changes to the flight modeling in FS9 don't make them unflyable, but you do need to use a lot more elevator to keep them in the air. They're still fun to fly, but I noticed on a flight today that the Ryan Sportsman never got above 92 KTAS. This was at 9,000 MSL. I haven't flown it enough to know if that's odd, but it seemed a bit on the slow side to me, and I'm wondering if it's because of all the up elevator trim I was using to keep the plane level. My question -- after all that -- is whether anyone has posted some rules of thumb for making a ROUGH conversion of planes from FS2002 to FS9. By "rough," I mean changing values in the aircraft.cfg file. The airfile itself is beyond me, and I know it. Thanks for any help you can offer. A preliminary search for topics with the keywords 2002 and 2004 in the subject didn't turn up anything.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!