Sign in to follow this  
Guest ags

Ground turn rate

I would like to improve my ac's ground turn rate, what should I edit?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hiif your problem is that the plane turns alright in the sky but once on the ground it becomes really hard to make it steer....you need to edit this on the aircraft.cfgopen up the aircraft.cfg of the plane you want to edit.. in notepad and look for an entry like this " empty_weight_CG_position= "...there should be 3 numbers separated by commas .. these are coordinates of the 3d models.. first is longitudinal, then i think is lateral and verticalthe problem should be that the current coordinates are pointing some place way back of the center of the model ... put that point abit forward the center of the plane ... negative coordinates such as -10 are pointing out some place back of the center of the model try to use a positive number like 5-10 or so for example" empty_weight_CG_position = 10, 0, 0 "edit the first one with a positive value and leave the other numbers on 0 ...try not to exagerate on the value because you can make the plane super sensitive to inputs on ground... just abit to make it reasonably able to steer at decent taxi speedsdont ask me why does it works or how it works ... it just works lolhope this helps David Segovia

Scroll down to the section titled[contact points] in the aircraft.cfg. Here the syntax of all the numbers entered there, from right to left excluding the point number://0 Class <0=none,1=wheel, 2=scrape, 3=float>//1 Longitudinal Position (feet)//2 Lateral Position (feet)//3 Vertical Position (feet)//4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute)//5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)//6 Wheel Radius (feet)//7 Steer Angle (degrees)//8 Static Compression (feet) (0 if rigid)//9 Max/Static Compression Ratio//10 Damping Ratio (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)//11 Extension Time (seconds)//12 Retraction Time (seconds)//13 Sound Type//14 Airspeed limit for retraction (KIAS)//15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS) [contact_points]point.0=1, 40.00, 0.00, -8.40, 1181.1, 0, 1.442, 55.92, 0.6, 2.5, 0.9, 4.0, 4.0, 0, 220.0, 250.0This is from the B737-400 default aircraft.cfg which has a steer angle of 55.92