Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karl R Pettersen

Magnetos

Guest Karl R Pettersen

HiI'd just like to add a few comments to this thread.--SNIP-->If a light is on then the lightswitch should also show in the on position and the next (and only) action must be to turn it off.--SNAP--Not necessarily: There could be an extreme situation where somehow the current manage to pass through a switch in the off position, making the light actually shine though just very briefly. Real comparison; a lightning strike. FS comparison; when you're trying to code some radio logic that just doesn't seem to make sense - there is actually something else going on that you have completely overlooked (localizer states if I recall correctly). Sometimes when coding xml the logic doesn't seem to add up at all.--SNIP-->Does it go out if you engage Nav Hold or turn the AP Master to off?--SNAP--Oh my, the autopilot :) I still haven't figured out the complete logics behind this little gizmo yet, and I have the manual! :) Yes, so much for the switch on or off, but how about the light? HDG or NAV? Or could it actully be BOTH? What is a capture zone? Ugh - the memories... :)Bills sequence of 1. load a/c, 2. DO_ONCE etc, is a key sequence that should be learned as quickly as possible, because you'll need it so many times ahead. However, for this particular application of the sequence I would like to state the importance of a missed step, the WAIT step. I *strongly* adwise to use a WAIT step in there, but only when dealing with the LOAD A/C step. The particular problem occurs when the loading is complete, your gauges are properly initialized, and here is the clue: FS9 isn't even finished initializing on it's own! What do you think happens when you set the fuel switch in an initialization gauge, then FS9 does something else because it's still processing the .FLT file?--SNIP-->From your post I am now wondering if the dual mag switches are actually a possibility. It depends if FS recognises that if Eng1 Left Mag is on and Eng1 right mag is on it automatically works out that the Eng1 Mag Both condition is true.--SNAP--As for coding logic, I have found that almost anything is possible once you've figured out the logic yourself. I.e. I did a four-switch bar-guarded version of a magneto switch for a Cessna C421B, which at the time appeared to be impossible because FS9 didn't have it "built in". Through the use of own L:Var's and bitwise checking of the A:Var's, I managed to bring it home (thangs to the guys in this forum I might add, putting me in the right direction). Just don't give up, cool down with a few beers and you'll think more clearly.--SNIP-->"If you can't solve the problem with pencil and paper, how on earth do you expect to be able to tell a computer how to solve it?"--SNAP--The problem with us FS-coders, is that we refuse to recognize the problem in the first place ;) We always blame it on Bill (no, the Gates version :D)--SNIP-->For any really complex project, I always begin by flowcharting the logic, then testing every possible branch for validity--SNAP--Sorry, but I disagree:1. Begin simple project.2. Works fine, but needs a little more.3. Yes, that's it! But... huh? Why did?4. Need to recode something else.5. Project growing, just realized.6. In order to fix no.3, I need to add a pressurization system.7. ...which needs other engine parameters...8. ...NOW we start the flowcharting!9. Realize that some of the flowchart branches are invisible.10. Realize flowchart bubbles that shouldn't be connected, are.11. Recheck your initial time/cost/planning chart.12. Release the project with options as it was at no. 1.The story for many game developers maybe? :D