Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

2-D panel bitmap edges

Guest mtom

Hi all.I've got a 2-D panel bitmap problem I was hoping someone might be able to shed light on.The problem is that the panels present in FS with a fine border at the edges of 'view window' bitmaps. It seems to be one-pixel in width, with transparent sections of the panel presenting black and opaque sections presenting transparent.It's occurring with all the 1024x768 bmps I've developed as view window images. I've seen the same problem in some third-party panels, but I can't identify anything that would explain it when comparing the panel.cfg files between good and bad panels.Any ideas?Matthew.

Guest Mathias

The 1 pixel width border may be related to some bug of the graphics software you use.I am sure you know that anything to be transparent in FS bitmaps needs to have the RGB value 0,0,0, i.e. pitch black. ANYTHING else will be shown as the colour it represents, even just 1,0,0.And probably only RGB colour coding will work in FS at all.Maybe try to fill in the border with 0,0,0 in another graphics program?

Guest iholrf

Actually, it may be related to full screen antialiasing. Turn it off and see if the line goes away. If so you have your answer (seems to be consistant on ATI cards). This "feature" can be compensated somewhat for by setting the the dimensions of the virtual window of the default view in the panel config.[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=4172This one provides me with a "blackout mask" at the bottom 1/3 of the window that cleans up the edges (It sits under the panel).CheersShad

Guest mtom

Hi guys.Ta for the input. Yep, it's the full screen antialiasing. Pitty about that. It's a bit ugly without antialiasing. Got a 64m Geforce 2 MX-400 card.Thanks again.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest iholrf

'Tis indeed ugly with out AA. Not to pretty with out AF either.CheersShad