Sign in to follow this  
Guest SnowJ

Stupid question perhaps, but...

Okay, does anyone know how to change the way an aircraft reacts on the runway? For example, I have an aircraft that when I land it, it tends to bounce heavily when I put on the brakes. Even if my landing is smooth as glass, it still bounces and sometimes causes the aircraft to crash--presumably from a gear collapse. Any help on fixing this would be awesome. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No such thing as a stupid question. I have noticed a few aircraft exhibit this particular behavior. You can try changing the damping setting in the contacts section of the aircraft.cfg[contact_points]//0 Class //1 Longitudinal Position (feet) //2 Lateral Position (feet) //3 Vertical Position (feet) //4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute) //5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right) //6 Wheel Radius (feet) //7 Steer Angle (degrees) //8 Static Compression (feet) (0 if rigid) //9 Max/Static Compression Ratio //10 Damping Ratio (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped) //11 Extension Time (seconds) //12 Retraction Time (seconds) //13 Sound Type //14 Airspeed limit for retraction (KIAS) //15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS)//GEARpoint.0=1, -21.487, 0.000, -0.476, 1400.000, 0, 0.500, 60, 0.450, 1.00, 0.65, 6, 12, 0, 140.0, 250.0(remember to count from and including zero)CheersShad

Hey thanks for the quick reply there, Shad...I'll give 'er a go tomorrow and see if it helps. Thanks!!Jaysen