Sign in to follow this  
Guest beloka

tweaking .cfg and .air files

Hi everyone, I am new at this so plse be patient.I am currently trying to adapt a Tecnam P92 Super Echo made for fs2002 to fs2004. The aircraft pitched way up at take-off so I found out I had to change the [flight_tuning]elevator_effectiveness from 1.000 to 0.500 (?!), which stopped the pitching somehow. I still find the aircraft needs a lot of tuning though. For instance: turning the throttle iddle, stalls the aircraft immediately, which isnt so in real life. I am trying to tackle each problem seperatly as i hope this is the way to finally get a realistically flyable model. Ps: I tried to cotact the original designer but e-mail is innactive!I am also a real life pilot on this Ultra lighttnx for any help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First problem to takle would be checking the reference datum. Pop into the sim and take a look at the model from outside to the side and try to get a handle on where the ac's centerline is. Then check the various surfaces to see if they are in the right place relative to the centerline of the AC. Even the viewpoint is effected by the reference datum.Then check weights and balances (empty weight cg etc).As for the engine, some of the things that can effect it are min map, min rpm, friction, prop moi etc. There are also some tweaks in the airfile. If the parameter is not present in the airfile, you can add it , depending on the airfile editor you use, by copying it from another airfile or creating it anew.If you have not yet done so, I would suggest reading the docs found in the sdks.http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.aspThen there are a variety of flight tuning howto docs floating around the web. I have copies of a lot of them on disk so I can not tell you the urls, but a good place to start is the tutorials and tips sections at ffds. (freeflightdesign.com)CheersShad

I see we meet again :)))Tnx Shad,I had already found my way to a couple of the SDK