Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Landing light is pointing down

Guest Pil

Hi,I am currently working on an aircraft for fs2004 which I am making in GMAX. So far I have been able to suss out all the problems except for one, the landing lights. I have made a triangle which I named Light_Land with a Light_Land texture applied as discribed in the SDK. The light is visible but is pointing straight down (not forward) and is positioned at the aircrafts pivot point rather than on the wing. Anybody have a clue how to fix this?thanx!

Guest FelixFFDS

Where is your triangle located? and more importantly, where is your part's pivot point located, and how is it oriented?

Guest Pil

Hi Felixthanks for your reply. I have 2 triangles. One is located inside the exterior tree and the other in the interior tree where all the other parts for the exterior and VC model are located. I have positioned them at the location where the landing lights would emit from on the leading edge of the wing. The pivot axis (blue--X axis??--) of the triangles is pointing in the exact opposite direction of the direction the light beam is supposed to be pointed at. Does this help?Thanx in advancePhil

Guest Milton

The pivot axis associated with the "triangle" simply provides FS with the location (coordinates) of the beam, not the direction.The beam's direction is controlled by the local coordinate pivot of the parent object of the triangle.Example: the triangle (texture and position) is parented to the landing light (beam direction) which makes sense. If the light is animated to retract/extend, the beam must follow.In your case, link the triangle to a light lens or something. Set the local coordinate system pivot so that Z faces opposite the beam.Hope this helps.