Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbaye

Dynamic Window Positioning?

The Question: Is there a way to position window Y relative to the current position of window X?Background.I've been re-designing some of my favorite panels for use in a dual-monitor envrionment. I arrange the monitors like this [1][2].Monitor 1 holds the primary flight display (left 1/3 of the instrument panel) and can be toggled to the Minipanel view. Monitor 2 holds the middle 1/3rd with the engine displays plus other windows (GPS, Pushback, Throttle Quadrant). My Minipanels usually have a background consisting of part of the window frame, and the top of the instrument panel with part of the MCP, Master Caution, etc. I also have the AGS HUD in the minipanel view. This combination of monitors is very flyable and works well with my GoFlight modules. It's very much like a low-budget Project Magenta implementation. My problem is that some Panel designers choose to change some displays by over-laying some windows on others. A typical example of this is second page displayes for the EFIS If I un-dock a window and move it from screen 1 to screen 2 the dependant windows do not follow. So far I usually do without the features of these extra windows. So far I have done a 2-monitor implementation of Lonny Payne's teriffic 757 Panel and am working on the Ahlberg/Baumann/Turner DC-10 Panel.I have FS Panel Studio. (Great Investment!)- Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!