Sign in to follow this  
Guest griz80

CS Prop Conversion doesn't work :/

Hi,I'm currently flying the Robin Dr400 by Yannick Lavigne et al. Generally it flies great, seems close enough to the real thing too, except for being slightly on the slow side for a cruise-prop Dr400-Regent (It should do 250km/h at 2500rpm in 3000ft). Now, to make it close to the Dr400-200i Remo I know in real life, I started changing a few things. The Dr400-200i has a Constant Speed prop, not a fixed pitch prop like the original Dr400-180. No matter what I do, I can't get a CS prop to work on that model, though. I changed propeller type, both in aircraft.cfg and in the .air file (the latter I tried both in airED and MSFSEdit), I added max and min beta pitch values to both files and finaly set the fixed beta pitch value to 0. For testing I put engine quadrants from some other complex singles (I tried mooney bravo and extra 300 IIRC) into the panel, I can move around the prop pitch setting as much as I want, both using the mouse on the quadrant, or using the appopriate keys, nothing works, the prop always behaves like a fixed pitch prop. I'm not sure what pitch it uses, either. I removed references to the fixed pitch beta in both .cfg and .air files, but it seems to use a reasonable pitch, neither the max beta pitch (27 degree, rpm at full throttle should be much lower then) nor the min beta (14 degree, rpm at full throttle should be much higher then). Now, some where I seem to miss something in the whole Ppicture, maybe someone here can give me the right hint, that would be great.Greetings, Christian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!