Sign in to follow this  

Hello,This is probablly not the right forum but I could not find much at Abacus. I upgraded from FSDS2 and downloaded the make mdl sdk. I have an existing plane plane that I want to modify. Three things are going on:1. Sometimes the plane will compile but most of the time it won't. There is an error message "unable to read normals temp file."2. Some textures show up in FS9 but most surfaces are blank. The texture file is present and has everything in it. In FSDS3 the plane shows up with all the textures on it.3. The smallest problem, on compiling I always have to select the aircraft file to use. Previously, once it was selected the first time it defaulted to that one for each compile.Please direct me to the right forum is this is not it. Thanks for any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

All I can say is I've run into these issues too John. See my reply in this link:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=26186&page=At this point, I am using FSDS 3 for its Boolean feature, then porting the parts back into FSDS 2. My FSDS 2 aircraft work in FS2004, that's all I care about. Enhanced with the new Boolean feature I think some of my aircraft will look that much better. As for using the Makemdl utility for FS2006 compatibility, that's still a year away. Since FSDS 3 would require a near total redesign of all my aircraft due to these same types of errors in order to get them to compile, I will probably switch to GMAX for all future projects.-John