Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuperConnie

Super Constellation Simulator

Hi thereI know... it is a crazy project for a beginner but why loosing time with small things.I'm in the lucky situation to have an almost complete original Super Constellation cockpit and I want to make a simulator from those parts.Additionally I have a sponsor who pays all the material I need... a perfect situation so far.I think the cockpit itself is not the problem since I'm an electronics technician and also a good mechanic. The problem is more that I don't have any experience with interfacing the mechanical stuff (instruments, switches....) to the MSFS.I have spent a couple of days to find out what's on the market to make my dream come true and I found very much.At the moment I would prefer the instruments and controllers from Simkits since they seem very easy to connect and to program. EPIC is another possibility but is looks rather complicated to program (command line interface... brrr)Simkits are basically made for up to 2 engined aircraft and one pilot. But I need 4 engines and two pilots at least. The solution according to Simkits would be to take 2 PC's, one to drive the video beamer and the pilot's instruments, the other to drive the copilot's instruments with it's own controller.That's my story.... does anyone have experience with multi engine, mechanical gauges flightsims...???Specific question: What software can I use to connect the second PC with it's instruments to the main PC?(If someone doesn't know how a Super Constellation looks like: www.superconstellation.ch go to pictures, there are also a lot of interior shots)PS: Yes, we also have a real Connie... ;-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!