Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattreamy

FS9 GPS in a payware aircraft. Possible?

Is it possible to use the MS FS9 Garmin GPS in a payware aircraft?The payware AC is a nifty one alright, but it does not include the Garmin found in the default FS9 AC. I am too old to start learning how to operate a new one. (rather large grin) A Bendix, I think.Thanks for any replies.Regards,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Take the panel.cfg from a default aircraft (Like the default Boeing 747, for instance). You'll find two areas you have to work with: 1. Window titles and it looks like this:[Window Titles]Window00=Main Panelwindow01=Radio StackWindow02=GPSwindow03=Throttle Quadrantwindow04=Overhead Panelwindow05=Clockwindow06=Mini Panel2. The actual window stuff and it looks like this:[Window02]size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0I'd suggest you save the original panel.cfg from your payware aircraft.Add the line WindowXX=GPS to your payware panel.cfg and make the "XX" the next sequential.Take the section of [WindowXX] and all the lines below (including) gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500 and make that XX match the XX in the WindowXX above.It may not open w/the simicon (not sure about this), but it should open with the shift+1-9 keys.

I have tried but i don't see the panel,i am including a copy of panel.cfg