Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Can an XML part bring up the GPS window in the VC?

Guest lionheart777

Hey gang,I am trying to do a part in my VC that brings up window01 (Shift/2) in the panel pop-up windows, which is the GPS on my particular panel.My question is, can a part actually bring up that window view, and how would you write the XML?I have an ATC call up XML script that works fine, but when adapting to GPS, I get nothing. Kind regards,Bill

Guest Vorlin

From the Baron's XML gauges: 225 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)Note the line: 225 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)This sends a panel id toggle to whatever panel has the id 225. Here's the catch... if one panel labeled the GPS 225 but another labeled it GPS, you have to change the 225 to GPS for the second one to get called at all.The above code works in conjunction with the identifiers listed in the panel config. Check your panel config for your GPS identifier, then use that identifier in place of the 225 in order to call the GPS window of your aircraft with the above code.This is how every window is called... only the first nine or so are callable with the keyboard numbers but you can have many windows. You just have to call the rest with code like the above.Scott / Vorlin

Guest iholrf

Hi Bill ... woo I have more post than you here ;)Are you asking for the code to toggle a popup with an gmax animated switch in the vc?CheersShad

Guest lionheart777

Hey Shad, Yep, I need it to open the Shift/2 window or Window01 where I have the GPS at in the pop-up.Good to see you around. I think I post too much at FFD. They're prolly ready to string me up with all my questions, lol...Are you going to design a plane for the TransAtlantic Air Race?

Guest Vorlin

The above is the code to toggle a popup. It doesn't matter what window number it is, it's called by the id name. When you hit Shift+(1-9) it looks in the panel config to see what is listed in the id for that window number and then calls it by the id. The tricky part is that sometimes the id name in the panel config can be different from aircraft to aircraft even for the same exact thing. It simply depends on whether or not the person who wrote the panel took the time to make sure that they used the same id name that's been used before or if they just made up their own.Scott / Vorlin

Guest iholrf

I take it you found the answer to be the ID?Good to see you here too, I did not know you hung around here. And no, you know we all love you. ;)To be honest, my skills with gmax are far far too weak to compete with the likes of you, Paco, Dennis, et al. My ego is fragile dont you know. ;)What I think I should do is be like a thirties intrepid reporter for the contest:"Oh, *sob* the humanity, its terrible folks, Lionhearts sextuple wing, upside down flyer just crashed into Mt. rushmore and took off Lincolns nose! Oh the Humanity". :D

Guest lionheart777

Thanks Scott, Great info. That makes more sense now. At one point, I actully found the part for the GPS window trigger activating Push-Back, lol.. I'll see if this will get it to work.Shad,LOLOL... C'mon.. Make a simple plane. Put a big Maple leaf on her and paint if Red and White and represent the great country of Canadia!

Guest iholrf

Hey, can it be peddle powered like a flintsones plane? That might be fun to do lol. I doubt I would win the race though, but just imagine the scene when I squeek squeek squeek over the finishline a month or two after the contest is over hehehe :D