Sign in to follow this  
Guest rkruijer

GPS Questions

Hi,I am getting cofused with all the possibilities.Hence some more questions.GPS POSITION LAT Current GPS latitudeGPS POSITION LON Current GPS longitudeA:PLANE LATITUDE Are these the same as above?A:PLANE LONGITUDE ,,I would like to have them in a print statement.What units do I use to show them in decimal degrees? Thus: LAT 53,xxxxxxxx LON 121,xxxxxxxxTo add, subtract or compare coordinates what would you advice?radians, degrees, degrees latitude or something else?What do the following achieve?GeoCalcLatitude1 GeoCalcLongitude1GeoCalcLatitude2GeoCalcLongitude2GeoCalcLengthThanks for your time.Roelof

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>GPS POSITION LAT Current GPS latitude>GPS POSITION LON Current GPS longitude>A:PLANE LATITUDE Are these the same as above?>A:PLANE LONGITUDE ,,Yes! They are the same!>I would like to have them in a print statement.%GPS pos. %((A:GPS POSITION LAT, degrees) d 0 >= )%{if}N %{else}S %{end}%( abs d flr )%!02d!°%( 1 % 60 * d flr )%!02d!'%( 1 % 60 * )%!02.0f">What units do I use to show them in decimal degrees? >Thus: LAT 53,xxxxxxxx> LON 121,xxxxxxxxThey need to be converted and then use something like (L:LAT,number)etc.>To add, subtract or compare coordinates what would you>advice?>radians, degrees, degrees latitude or something else?Probably decimal >What do the following achieve?>GeoCalcLatitude1 >GeoCalcLongitude1>GeoCalcLatitude2>GeoCalcLongitude2>GeoCalcLengthLike GeocalcBearing, GeocalcDistance these will perform calculationsto obtain, coordinates, course, distance etc.Roelof

Correction!>>What units do I use to show them in decimal degrees? >They need to be converted and then use something like>(L:LAT,number)>etc.They DO NOT need to be converted!They are in decimal format to begin with! Just printing: %((A:GPS POSITION LAT, degrees))%!6f!will show 53,xxxxxxRoelof