Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vorlin

Here is perhaps a puzzler for guage magicians.....

Guest Shumoda

In-flight radio!I know there are terrific radio/cd guages out there... to thus far there is no dynamic to them. By that I mean .. great for CDs... and the radio .. pre-selected files. But might their be a way to bring internet radio into the occkpit?Most allof us are on some for of always on-line internet ... be it DSL or Cable.For cockpit music and in general .. I perfer Winnamp ... as they offer a nice choice in internet radio. Thier new player is a very nice modest sized affair. I always though this would be perfect for inside the cockpit as a "positionable guage"... meaning as with the CD/Radio player ... you can simply move it to a spot of choice.Is it possible for one of the many "guage magicians" that frequent this forum to either develop a guage that would do this .. or maybe ... or maybe not ... to get winnamp to be in the cockpit while flying full screen ... while I was writing this it occured to me that someting similar might be accomplished in the flight simulator not being full scrren mode ... might hold me until you wizzards come up with a solution.Dale

Guest Vorlin

This is an idea that I've been mulling over for months... I twice started to try to tackle it via a kneeboard web page (which I've seen used for in flight movies from a web server) but I wanted to use winamp instead of Win Media Player. I keep getting to the point where I begin to research how to embed a winamp plugin and all I find are launchers for the main program.It got to a point where I began to believe that a C++ dll would have to be written to create a gau interface, and then have that gau look like a nice CD player.Then I keep getting distracted by other things.Scott / Vorlin